Research Associates needed – Department of Atmic Energy (DAE)
Department of Atmic Energy (DAE)
Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS)
For a challenging career in pursuit of front ranking R&D programmes in Atomic Energy . DAE Invites Applications for its Prestigious Scheme, Dr. K.S.Krishnan Research Associateship (KSKRA). Research Associates selected under the prestigious KSKRA programme are given an opportunity to work on R&D programmes of national importance relevant to the DAE mandate in one of the following advanced research centres of the Department:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai.
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam.
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore.
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Calcutta.
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Mumbai.
Up to 20 KSKRAs can be selected every year and paid a stipend of Rs.20000/- + benefits for a maximum period of 2 years. At the end of 1 year of associateship, KSKRAs will be considered for absorption as Scientific Officer/ Engineer-D/E, in the pay scale of PB-3 Rs.15,600-39,100 plus Grade Pay (GP) Rs.6600/- subject to satisfactory performance
Educational Qualification :
1. For Engineers: Ph.D. degree in Engineering (Those who have submitted thesis for Ph.D. may also apply) or Master’s degree in Engineering (M.Tech./ M.E.) with a minimum of 2-year R&D experience after obtaining M.Tech./M.E. degree.
2. For Scientists: Ph.D. degree in Science (Those who have submitted Ph.D. thesis may also apply).
3. All candidates must have a First Class at either Masters or Bachelors level. All candidates must provide a list of publications in support of their R&D experience.
Age: Indian not more than 32 years as on 1st January in the year of the application. The age criterion is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be done by an interview committee from among the short listed candidates based on their qualification, published R&D work and performance in the interview.
Fee : Postal Order/Demand Draft of Rs.100/- as application fee drawn in favour of Accounts Officer, BARC payable at Mumbai. SC/ST and Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed In Action (DODPKIA) are exempted.Send application by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due Card to the Deputy Establishment Officer (R-IV), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, 4th floor, Central Complex, Trombay, Mumbai-400085 so as to reach by 01/09/2009.
For complete details like Engineering/ Science discipline list, application Form format and other information, Logon to: http://www.barc.ernet.in/webpages/brns/brns_fellowship.html