THE INDIAN NAVY invites applicant as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officers
THE INDIAN NAVY
Invites final year Engineering students to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officers in Technical Branches under University Entry Scheme (UES) Course Commencing – July 2010
Age : Between 19 to 24 years (candidates to be born between 02 July 1986 to 01 July 1991; both dates inclusive)
Educational Qualifications : Applicant should be studying in AICTE approved College/Institution with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks till pre final year (Those in the final years need not apply):
* Engineering Branch : Mechanical / Marine / Aeronautical / Production / Metallurgy (Only Men to apply)
* Naval Architecture Cadre : Naval Architecture/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautical (Both Men and Women can apply)
* Electrical Branch : Electrical/ Electronics/ Tele Communication / Instrumentation / Instrumentation and Control / Electronics and Instrumentation / Electronics and Communication/ Power Engineering / Control System Engineering / Power Electronics/ Computer Science Engineering (Only Men to apply)
Physical Standards : Hight and Wieght : Minimum height Male – 157 cms and Female – 152 cms with correlated weight. Eye Sight – 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses and should not be colour/night blind.
SSC : Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extend able to 14 years, subject to service requirements and performance/willingness of the candidate.
Procedure to Apply: Application Forms, in accordance with the prescribed format, and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for UES (Engineering/ Electrical/ Naval Architecture Cadre – Men/Women ” and “Name of College & City …..” are to be sent by ordinary post latest by 06 August, 2009 to the following addresses (depending upon the location of the Candidates College/Institution) :
* Location : J & K, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Chandigarh : Post Bag No. 04, Chanakyapuri PO, New Delhi – 110021
* Location : Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chattishgarh, Goa, MP, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli : The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Western Naval Command Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Mumbai-400023
* Location : Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, NE states, Sikkim & A&N Islands : The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command Naval Base, Visakhapatnam- 530014
* Location : Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Pondicherry and Lakshdweep & Minicoy : The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Southern Naval Command Naval Base, Kochi-682004
For more Information and application forms, Logon to: http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in